John P. Fezza, M.D.
Cosmetic Facial Surgeon
About John P. Fezza, M.D.
Dr. Fezza joined the Center For Sight team in 1998 and specializes in cosmetic facial and laser surgery. Dr. Fezza has been honored multiple times as one of America’s “Top Doctors” by the prestigious Top Doctors list published annually by Castle Connolly Medical, Ltd. Sarasota and Venice readers of the Sarasota Herald Tribune have also voted Dr. Fezza “Best Plastic Surgeon” in the Readers’ Choice Awards.
Dr. Fezza is focused on helping Center For Sight patients look and feel terrific. His expertise lies in using lasers for skin smoothing and rejuvenation as well as the latest small incision surgical techniques. His goal is to achieve a natural, well-rested appearance. He also specializes in non-surgical injectables, such as Botox® and fillers. Dr. Fezza earned his bachelor’s degree from Duke University, and received his medical education at New York Medical College, where he was president of the honors society Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed his internship in general surgery and residency in ophthalmology at Yale University and his two-year fellowship in oculofacial plastic surgery at Vanderbilt University. In addition, he completed a second fellowship in cosmetic surgery sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He has many years of subspecialty training focusing solely on eyelid, face and neck surgery, which he considers his passion.
Dr. Fezza is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) and the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is a nationally recognized author and lecturer on cosmetic facial and laser surgery, a consultant and lecturer for Allergan (maker of Botox®) and is involved in FDA clinical trials. He is also an ad hoc preceptor for ASOPRS fellows.
Dr. Fezza enjoys his own great sense of humor as well as a myriad outdoor athletic activities, whether it’s exercising, a round of golf, tennis, jogging, surfing or skiing. Most of all, he cherishes the time he shares with his wife, Heidi, his sons Blake, Reed and Tyler, and of course, his dog, Daisy.
- Sarasota Herald Tribune – First Place Winner Reader’s Choice for Best Local Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon in Sarasota, Venice and Manatee (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016)
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) Research Award (2016)
- American Board of Ophthalmology Certificate of Appreciation (2014)
- Best Poster Award 2013 American Academy of Ophthalmology (2013)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor (10 years in a row)
- US News and World Report Top Doctor Recognition
- Treasurer, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) (2017-19)
- President, American Board Facial Cosmetic Surgery (2017)
- Examiner for American Board of Ophthalmology (Mentor Level)
- Modern Aesthetics Editorial Board
- Sente Advisory Board
- Allergan Advisory Board
- Merz Advisory Board
- American Board Ophthalmology
- American Board Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons