Hearing loss affects 30 million Americans, 80% of whom are undiagnosed and untreated. To meet the needs of these individuals, Center for Sight added a full service hearing program for the convenience of our patients.
Hearing Loss Impacts the Quality of Life
Untreated hearing loss influences all aspects of everyday life. It limits your ability to be involved with friends and family, to interact in public places and to stay active and aware. Most often a spouse or loved one is the first to detect a hearing problem. Because hearing loss is usually gradual, the individual affected is frequently unaware. In addition, a person may be resistant to the idea of having a hearing loss due to the lack of public awareness and the stigma attached to hearing aids.
Causes of Hearing Loss
Hearing loss can affect anyone at any age, even children. The causes of hearing loss vary from a simple wax build-up in the external ear canal to a more serious, non-syndromic sensorineural hearing loss.
Signs of Hearing Loss Include:
- Difficulty hearing conversations in crowded places
- Ringing or other noises in your ears
- Others telling you that you don't seem to hear them
- Others complaining that you watch TV with the volume too high
- Frequently needing to ask others to repeat themselves
- Feeling that people are mumbling in everyday conversations
- Difficulty understanding women or young children's voices
- Trouble knowing where sounds are coming from
Make The Clear Choice
Schedule a consultation with our board-certified hearing instrument specialist at Center For Hearing, click here to request an appointment, or call our office at (941) 925-2020 in Sarasota or (941) 488-2020 in Venice.